Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tour of Cali!

I just got back from a trip to Ojai with my husband Dave, and our friends Stacy & Ryan Dietrich, to watch the Tour of California. Other than being fairly sick, not being able to breath and on antibiotics the entire time, I had a blast! I got some wicked pics of the time trial in Solvang, but I will put you in suspense as the pictures, all 575 of them, are on my husband's computer, and he is now on a business trip (yep, he left Ojai at 4AM this morning to catch his flight out of LA.. ouch!), so alas, we all must wait to view the photographic masterpieces!
I mean, did you know that both Hincapie and Cancellera stick their tongue out of the right side of their mouth when time trialing? Did you know that Hincapie has rather significant varicose veins in his left calf? Did you know that Lion King Chipollini smiles when doing time trials? Did you know that Levi looks weally, weally, widdle on a TT bike?
In the meantime, I'll leave you with this Pic from Stage 6.... up to KOM #3.... Our race leader opting for his National Champ jersey rather than the yellow....

No comments: