Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Inspiration!

I can only tell how how amazing and motivating triathletes are. Fellow Velo Bella Whitney DeSpain and Shannon Werner finished their first Ironman races this weekend at Ironman Arizona this last weekend. Vic, another Bella made this video, and it just may bring you to tears... the next time I complain about the wind or the heat... please remind me it could be worse.. I could be doing an Ironman...



After her daughter watched the video.. her beautiful daughter Abby replied, "Mommy, I thought you were going to run"... (too funny!)

Run, walk or crawl, 25% of competitors at the 2008 Ironman Arizona didn't even finish.

A HUGE Congrats to Velo Bella Shannon Werner for a smashing debut at Ironman, placing 7th in her age group!


And another CONGRATS to VB Sandra Fairchild for finishing her first Olympic distance Triathlon at the Irongirl in Vegas!

2 comments:

beth said...

wow. that video ALMOST made me want to do ironman. those girls are tough!

Shan said...

Thanks for the mention, Raja :) I'm really looking forward to some rides with you soon!!!