Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wowzers... a race??!?

Yikes. Last blog was 18 months ago. Ouch. Yup, it's like I fell of the end of the earth. Or had a baby. Jokes aside, Chase is pretty dreamy. If his eye don't kill you.. his giggle will. Super-Chase!

And then there is a race. Soon. ITU at the end of April. Am I ready? Well, about as ready as a bulldog is for an agility course. Not. 

Training was going ok. At least I was consistently getting in one swim, bike, run in a week. Then some damn tendon/ligament/nightmare in my hip told me to drop dead and die. Luckily for me I didn't listen, but man, oh man. I haven't been able to run for the last 2 months... and while I thought I was getting somewhere this week (wahoo! a 30 minute run completed!), today I was back down to 10 minutes before the cramping/non-weight-bearing ache began. Ok, I can survive the swim.... manage the bike.. and limp the run. 

I will say it for the record.. there are no course records this mama is going to break anytime soon. 

At least the bike feels ok. I figure with one ride a week...I'm not getting anywhere.. but hopefully not going backwards either. Positive thinking.

In the meantime, mama needs to get her groove back. Wish me luck!

No comments: