Sunday, February 8, 2009

"The Man"

You know you're in deep when celebrity sightings no longer involve film or TV, but rather legends of sick & twisted endurance sports... like..

The Man

Dave "The Man" Scott. Ba-zillion time Ironman legend.

Did I mention he's wicked cool? Hubby Dave & I went out for a "moderate" 50 mile ride with friends of Nytro Multisport. Scott made a surprise appearance at our TCSD club meeting earlier in January and when the bets start to fly on when The Man is going to hit the hammer, I should have taken warning.

We started with 100+ riders, and ended with about 15. I think the theme was "Kill the Girl". The first 25 miles were moderate. The next 20.. were not. It was a white knuckled, girl on a wire ride, but I hung in there and even found myself sucking Scott's wheel at times. If I recall correctly, he was on mine at one point. Equal rights. How I survived, I have no clue. Fried & cooked, but not over done.

Hubby Dave had one of the most inspirational rides of his life. Pictured above Hubby Dave on left & Dave Scott on right leading the fractured group.

Thanks Dave Scott for a fantastic day!

Happy riding,
Raja


No comments: